Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Visa for Canada

Superior Education's picture
By Superior Education - Posted on
01 January 2018

My daughter is going to study a Master's program in Engineering in Canada. Can I get a visa to join her for during her initial days in Canada so that she  is settled properly?

Kyle de Villiers's picture
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: 01/03/2018

Hi SE,

Navigating Canada's visa system can be tricky as there are many different visa categories. 

Which country are you travelling from? 
Citizens from select countries can enter Canada without visas.  

Read the Expat Arrivals page on Canadian visas.

Otherwise, Canada's immigration and citizenship website is pretty up to date. 


Your rating: None
Anonymous's picture

I am travelling from Dubai and holding an Indian passport.

Your rating: None

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about India

Search Expat Arrivals

Become our local expat expert for your area!

Become our local expat expert for your area! We are looking for contributors to help make this the ultimate guide for expats. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats.
Find out more.

Got a question about your new country?

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.