How do I get a Czech Republic residency permit for partner?

sshore's picture
By sshore - Posted on
23 December 2015

Hi I'm a US Citizen. I was offered a job in the Czech republic. I contacted the Czech embassy about residency for my partner and was told he can only stay for 90 days because we are not married. According to the embassy, family reunification rules only apply to married couples and their children. I contacted a law firm I found online but they want 150 euros just to answer a question, and more to work on the case. What does it mean - he can only stay 90 days? Can he leave and come back? He gets a tourist VISA for 90 days, he leaves the country, comes back and gets another one? the embassy won't answer this question Does any one have any experience with this? or know where I can find information? thanks

Shantalie's picture
Last seen: 14 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 01/08/2012

Living in:
Cape Town, South Africa

London, England

Hi there,

What nationality is your partner? That will effect the type of visa he gets.

Read more on the Visas for the Czech Republic page.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)
Anonymous's picture


We are Canadian citizen and my husband might have to move to Czech Republic as his office is relocating him there. I will be on spousal permit, would I be able to work? I only speak english.

Your rating: None

Read more posts about Czech Republic

Search Expat Arrivals

Become our local expat expert for your area!

Become our local expat expert for your area! We are looking for contributors to help make this the ultimate guide for expats. Get in touch if you can provide useful info on your city or answer forum questions from new expats.
Find out more.

Got a question about your new country?

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)